The Secret Formula!Rank checker uses the search method of Topsy RESTfull API to query the most popular tweeted stories in the selected domain and time period. Then loops the returned JSON list to calculates the average score.. that's it!
- Topsy search results are ranked by how often they are retweeted, and how influential the people who tweet them.
- Twitter rank is the average score of your tweeted stories, the more you get the the better visibility you have.
- Websites ranks are closer in longer time periods, which makes sense; Twitter rank is based on realtime search so the difference is clearer in recent time periods.
See comparison between my blog and TechCrunch.com in all time -close! now see the comparison in last hour -Ouch!
- Rank checker lists your top stories in the selected period and it is very obvious how highly influential people affect tweets scores.
check more information on [Influence: The Social Web Currency].
Also, each story shows the number of retweets with a link to Topsy trackback page of that story which provides very useful tweet analytics..
- The lower bound of ranks is 0 which can happen when your website doesn't get any tweets in selected period. The upper bound is unknown -not documented by Topsy, but I observed that scores are usually less than 24!
What you think about this prototype? Have you got a high rank? let's hear it in the comments..
* Original bird icon by Mirjami Manninen