After Google Blogger 10th anniversary.. Google Blogger promises that many of our dreams as Bloggers will come true so soon.. by dreams I mean "Product Ideas for Blogger" which Google has launched on last April to collect users votes & feature requests on blogger.
Google Blogger actually has started by offering a Tag-Cloud widget..
I've already made a Tag-Cloud widget to address the issue but a native solution from blogger will certainly be better :(
You should know that.. don't even think of skipping the following part :)
- In August 23, 1999, Blogger was launched by Pyra Labs. As one of the earliest dedicated blog-publishing tools, it is credited for helping popularize the format.
- In February 2003, Pyra Labs was acquired by Google. The acquisition allowed premium features (for which Pyra had charged) to become free.
- On August 14, 2006, Blogger launched its latest redesign version in beta. In December 2006, this new version of Blogger was taken out of beta.
- In 2006 Google introduced Page Creator. As of August 2008, Google pages had over 3 million users.
- In September 2008, Google announced that it would not accept new sign-ups to Page Creator, instead encouraging users to use Google Sites.
- Google Sites was launched on February 2008. based on the wiki-like software "JotSpot" that was acquired by Google on October 2006!
- As of May 21, 2008, Google Sites became available for free separately from Google Apps, and without the need for a domain.
What I'm trying to say..
Google Blogger was a very successful acquisition. Google Blogger is the best free blogging platform out there.. I love it.. so please focus on developing it!
Another advantage of Page creator is creating pages :) People also requested that to be added to blogger..
After responding to this 2 particular wishes, It would be easy for Google Blogger to completely replace Page creator.. also Google sites will not offer any extra features! Google sites will have no place in the picture.. Period
I've been thinking about this for a while.. and blogging about it gives me a relief what about you? what do you think?