Google Blogger has added new feature, an easy way to show posts summaries on your blog index page! But if you still don't see the "read more" link like I did! Google knows why, But I had to dig into it a little bit more..
If you didn't read [You Might As Well Jump!] from Blogger Buzz. It is pretty straight-forward:
- You can insert a "Jump Break" by clicking on "Insert Jump Break" button on the toolbar of the NEW post editor.
- If you don't have the NEW post editor: go to Settings > Basic > set 'Select post editor' to 'Update editor'
- Or just type "<!-- more -->" where you want to position the jump break.
- To customize "Read more" text: click Layout and then Edit the Blog Posts widget.
You don't see the "read more" link yet?
Very normal, it is just a new feature and your blog template will mostly need this tweak.. Google just kept it under cover @ Creating 'After the jump' summaries :
- Open your blog's Layout | Edit HTML tab, and then click the Expand Widget Templates checkbox.
- Scan your HTML for the following snippet <data:post.body/>
- Paste the following snippet directly below it:
<a expr:href='data:post.url + "#more"'><data:post.jumpText/></a>
After Google Blogger 10th anniversary.. It started to present new features like:
- Tag-Cloud widgets : Partly cloudy, chance of labels
- New Post Editor: An overview of the new post editor
and other minor stuff.. But I'm still waiting for 2 major features as I shouted at [@Google: you got Pages, Sites and Blogspot... why?!], which are:
- Blog Pages!
Well, I'm waiting Google..